One of the many challenges adults face as they return to college is financing their education
Students returning to school have two opportunities to apply for the Adult Degree Completion Scholarship. Each year the deadlines for new applicants are:
- August 1 – to be considered for a full academic year award beginning in the fall.
- December 1 – to be considered for a spring semester award.
- All renewal applications are due no later than 1 June of each year.
The electronic application takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. Prior to completing this application, we recommend contacting your campus Navigator to review your eligibility and discuss your plan for completing your bachelor’s degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be admitted to a degree program (matriculated) at a UMS institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be a resident of the State of Maine. Must be returning to higher education having experienced a gap of 3 years or more since last enrolled.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must be registered at least part time (6-8 credits) each semester during the academic year. Students enrolled in fewer credits will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Have a minimum of 30 credit hours toward completion of your degree within your selected degree program.